top of page


                   Special Board Meeting         Monday, July 19, 2021


*Village President Cheryl Purvis called the special meeting of the La Farge Village Board to order at 5:30 p.m. at the Emergency Services building.    


Roll Call - Present at the meeting:

Board Members: Aaron Appleman, Barbara Melvin, Frank Quinn, Terry Jensen, Karen Leis, and Cheryl Purvis. Absent was Aaron Nemec.

Also present: News reporters Lonnie Muller and Shaun Sherman, Public Works Manger Wayne Haugrud, Utility Clerk Greg Lawton, Mike Donovan, Shawn Donovan, Dean Steinmetz, Dominic & Grace Vesbach, and Clerk Kimberly Walker.   


*Verification of meeting posting at the Bank, Post Office, and Village Office on July 16, 2021, was given.


*Discussion and possible action on 4 village parcels (current skatepark area and back lots), and division of Lot 52, with possible transfer and/or sale with the La Farge Free Methodist Church: Cheryl briefed the board on current happenings. Mark Phillips, Dean Steinmetz, Cheryl, and Kim met last Thursday and had discussions on a possible relocation of the skatepark, a property sale, and other things related to the purchase. Mark met with the church board after this, and Cheryl was informed they were not interested in selling, or any offer, and to not put forth any effort. Cheryl called the Developer to inform him of this, and he gave her a purchase price to relay back to Mark. She did and he communicated back the Church Board said no amount of money would change their mind. It wasn’t a financial matter, it was a matter of loss of property. (The village idea was offering them more property than what we were asking for). Cheryl then reached out to Greg Lawton, and they came up with two additional site locations. These were presented to the developer and it’s in their hands now. Later that day, Mark contacted Cheryl and said he would open discussions with the Church Board again. She told him it was up to him, that was fine, but we now have 2 additional sites that the developer is reviewing. Quinn moved, Jensen seconded to postpone agenda item #3, until more information on the two additional sites is available, and until Cheryl can contact the DNR to get things figured out on the land the village was considering offering the church, and until we get more information on the availability of the lots. (Carried).                   


*Item #4: We have identified funds that we could use for the skatepark relocation. Cheryl intended to ask the board how much of our funds they wanted to spend versus how much we wanted to ask as part of the purchase price. But with the church stance, Quinn moved, Melvin seconded to postpone this until more information on the two additional sites is available. (Carried).   


*Item #5: Approval of a contribution limit to relocate the skatepark. This ties in with agenda item # 4. Jensen moved, Leis seconded to postpone agenda item #5 until more information on the two additional sites is available. (Carried).


*Item #6: Discussion and possible action to approve an engineering contract with Forster Electrical Engineering on the electrical substation relocation project. The contract was just received today around noon. Our Attorney did review it and had good feedback. He just wanted to make sure the location is properly zoned. Wayne will double check on this. Wayne and Cheryl haven’t had time yet to review it, so Quinn moved, Appleman seconded to approve the engineering services agreement with Forster Electrical Engineering upon review from the Village President and the Public Works Manager. (Carried).               


*Jensen moved, Quinn seconded to adjourn. (Carried). Adjourned at 5:37 p.m.



  Kimberly Walker, Village Clerk/Treasurer

bottom of page